Here are some important aftercare recommendations. We of course want our tattoo
art to look as good as possible on you. There are two parts to getting a tattoo.
The first is the design and inking of your tattoo, the second is for you to look
after it, to ensure that the tattoo stays looking as clear and perfect for as long
as possible. Below are our recommendations to make your healing easy and your tattoo
stand the test of time.
- Keep the tattoo covered for at least one hour before removing the dressing
- Take care when removing the dressing. I the dressing sticks to the tattoo, dampen
slightly with clean, boiled water and remove gently. Do not pull hard and quickly
- Wash down with hot water first, then cold water.
- Pat dry, do not rub
- Apply a light film of tattoo healing cream immediately and then morning and evening.
- If you notice any redness or irritation after using the cream, stop using it.
- Do NOT use Vaseline or germoline.
- Keep the tattoo out of direct sunlight.
- Do NOT go swimming, either in the sea or swimming pool.
- Do NOT use sunbeds or get sunburnt.
- Have a shower rather than a bath if possible and gently pat the area dry.
- Avoid getting your new tattoo dirty.
- Take care when working in dust filled environments.
- Do NOT pick the scabs that form on your tattoo – this can seriously affect the colour
and quality of your tattoo.
- Your new tattoo should heal in 7-10 days, although this can vary.
- If you have any continuous redness, heat, swelling or discharge please consult your
- Take care of your tattoo and you’ll enjoy it for the rest of your life.